Views:3 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2017-10-30 Origin:Site
CNC Machining is an automated process of removing material from a workpiece while working within close tolerances. This machining technique is controlled through programmed commands, which are encoded on computers commonly referred to as a CNC machine or computer numerical controls. Some of the examples of these machining process include Milling, Turning, Drilling, Boring, Tapping, Contour Turning, Form Turning, Taper Turning, Straight Turning Threading, External Turning Threading, Internal Turning Threading, Thread Milling, Knurling,Spline (Wire EDM), Parting/Cutting, Facing, Internal Forming,Counterboring, Countersinking, Pocketing, Profiling, Reaming, with the help of computers. CNC machines are technically advanced pieces of equipment capable of operating in three, four, five dimensions to achieve the precision required. Here we will introduce some different techniques of Custom CNC machining services that will help you get the best results from China.
What Are the CNC Machining Techniques?
Here are some of the most common CNC machining techniques that guarantee best throughput:
1. Optical Grinding: CNC machining is of a great help in making specialty optics. Optics require thin surfaces and tight tolerances. Thus, with the help of grinding equipment you can spin and grind a wheel against a surface. This helps eliminate nominal deviations. You can also use grinding paste for lubrication purpose. This paste also gives a polished finish to the surface.
2. Wire EDM: Wire EDM is a method to cut conductive materials with a thin electrode that follows a programmed path. The EDM machine generates a spark between an electrode and the surface of a work-piece. The precision of the process is carefully controlled and the process takes place in a deionized water bath to provide cooling and flushing away the small particles. This technique is typically used on any electrically conductive material to cut punch and dies for stamping metals (tool-steel) and many other applications where conventional cutting tools can’t be used.
3. Surface Grinding: In a number of applications, it is very essential to have metal parts with flat surfaces. This can be achieved with the help of a grinder. In this technique, the abrasive wheel or grinder is placed above the sliding table and the work piece is mounted on the table. The work piece is moved laterally back and forth on the table.
4. Turning Machining : This is one of the most common metal fabrication techniques using lathe machines. In this technique, involves rotating a work-piece parallel to a cutting tool to create a desired shape in material including metals and plastics. A cutting tool is mounted on a moving slide. The work piece is rotated, and the cutting tool is held against it. You can adjust or move the slide up and down, or closer and away from the work piece.The turning process The different types of turning processes include the following:
• Straight turning – a workpiece rotates whilst a cutting tool moves parallel to it.
• Thread turning – used to cut thread in bolts.
• External grooving – uses a grooving attachment to cut grooves to a specified depth in the workpiece.
Turning machining and the lathe is the equivalent to a potter’s wheel when they for a vase base and neck (groove turning).
5. Cylindrical Grinding: This technique is a combination of the previous two techniques – turning and surface grinding. In the cylindrical grinding technique, the work piece is firmly held in one place, and. a cylindrical grinder is rotated along its surface. These grinders can either be used throughout the length of the work piece or at partial depths.
6. Milling: Milling is a machining process used to cut and shape a workpiece into a desired final shape to form and dimensions. In the milling technique, milling machine works in the horizontal and vertical planes, with the cutting tool and workpiece moving. It utilizes a cutting tool mounted on a milling machine, operated either manually or by a CNC machine. A lubricating fluid is used to lubricate the cutting tool. This lubricating fluid also helps cool the work piece as well.
These are some different techniques of CNC machining services .You can go with the technique that best suits your application requirements. If you are unable to make up your mind, you can easily approach a China Custom CNC machining service provider like Zechin Industries. We can offer a wide variety of OEM CNC machining parts across various industries.